What are the major I.T. issues Pharma and Life Science businesses face? Let’s discuss:
- Regulatory Compliance: Pharmaceutical and life science organizations need to adhere to strict regulations set by government agencies such as the FDA and HIPAA. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in costly fines or even criminal charges.
- Data Security: Pharmaceutical and life science businesses handle a large amount of sensitive data and must ensure it is kept safe and secure. This includes protecting data from unauthorized access, cyber attacks, and data loss.
- Intellectual Property: Pharmaceutical and life science organizations must protect their intellectual property from unauthorized use or theft. This includes ensuring that confidential information is kept secure and only shared with authorised personnel.
- Risk Management: Pharmaceutical and life science organizations must manage risks associated with their I.T. systems, such as system availability and data integrity. This includes ensuring that backup and disaster recovery plans are in place.
- Cost Management: Pharmaceutical and life science organizations must manage costs associated with their I.T. systems, such as hardware and software procurement, maintenance, and training.
- Talent Management: Pharmaceutical and life science organizations must ensure they have the necessary talent and expertise to manage their I.T. systems. This includes having skilled personnel who understand the unique requirements of the industry.
Nostra have experience and expertise working in the pharmaceutical industry, and we are very familiar with the specific I.T. concerns that are common to this sector. This includes regulatory compliance requirements, data security, and tracking and monitoring requirements for clinical trials and drug development.
Reach out to one of our experts for further information;